GLBRC130:Whole plant carbon and nitrogen
In 2017 at the GLBRC BCSE plots, above- and belowground plant biomass were sampled at maturity near- and post-machine harvest time, respectively. All samples were collected from all treatments (G1-G10), Blocks 2 through 4. The overarching goal of this project is to determine any differences on above- and belowground biomass production between annual and perennial crops dedicated to bioenergy production after ten years of establishment.
- Temporal Coverage 2017-08-21 to 2017-12-20
- GLBRC130-001 Root Carbon and Nitrogen
- Total Carbon and Nitrogen values from the Root Harvest Campaign. The samples from some plots and depths did not have enough material to complete the grinding - pulverization - CN packing procedure.
- GLBRC130-002 Above ground Plant Carbon and Nitrogen from the root excavation project
- GLBRC130-003 Root biomass
- Root biomass sampled with deep coring and pit excavations. Samples were taken on top of, and between plants and as part of the soil excavation. The deep core samples were taken within the perimeter of the pit. In this data table the biomass from the core samples has already been added to the pit biomass.
- GLBRC130-004 Aboveground biomass at the time of root sampling
- Aboveground biomass sampled at the same time the root samples were taken.