GLBRC082:GLBRC Annual Net Primary Productivity
This dataset contains the aboveground biomass data. Annual net primary production (ANPP) data is measured at peak biomass for a given treatment. Additional ANPP measurements are made where appropriate such as occasional destructive harvests for poplar. See the ANPP protocols for descriptions of the sampling and measurement methods for each of the treatments. Below ground net primary production (BNPP) are available for these same sites.
- Status: active
- Temporal Coverage 2008-01-01 to 2019-01-28
- GLBRC_010 Switchgrass Stand Counts
- Vogel and Masters 2001 method was used to determine switchgrass establishment success and survivorship. Kenneth P. Vogel and Robert A. Masters, Frequency Grid: A Simple Tool for Measuring Grassland Establishment, Journal of Range Management, Vol. 54, No. 6 (Nov., 2001), pp. 653-655
- GLBRC082-001 Poplar Litter Trap Biomass
- Leaf litter collected from traps under poplars on GLBRC fields.
- GLBRC082-002 Biomass of the KBS GLBRC Scaleup Experiment
- Annual biomass of the KBS GLBRC scale-up fields at Marshall Farms and Lux Arbor Reserve. Biomass of non-crop (weeds) species are also included. Treatments were first applied in 2010; all fields were planted with soy in 2009. These data are collected with quadrats. For total yield data see http://data.sustainability.glbrc.org/datatables/267 .
- GLBRC082-003 Above Ground Biomass of Annual Crops; treatments 1-4
- Biomass of all the four annual biofuel crop treatments on the GLBRC Intensive Site plots. Additional campaigns (samplings with different timing or purpose) also take place in some years and treatments and the data are included in this datatable.
- GLBRC082-004 Above Ground Biomass of Herbaceous Perennial crops; treatments 5,6,7,9,10
- Biomass of the five herbaceous biofuel crop treatments on the GLBRC Intensive Site: switchgrass, miscanthus, grass mix, old field and prairie. Additional campaigns (samplings with different timing or purpose) are also included in this datatable.
- GLBRC082-005 Poplar - Understory Biomass
- Understory biomass sampled on the poplar treatments (G8) in the Biofuel Cropping System Experiment (BCSE) including cover crop and weed biomass. Cover crops were only sampled in 2008 and 2009 (KBS and Arlington). KBS poplar weed biomass was sampled in 2008-2009 and since 2012. Arlington poplar weed biomass was sampled in 2008-2011 and 2014 and was discontinued in 2015.
- GLBRC082-007 Leaf Area Index (LAI)
- Leaf Area Index data from the KBS GLBRC Intenisve Site
- GLBRC082-008 Poplar Measurements
- Stem diameter measurements and destructive biomass sampling of poplar at the GLBRC Intensive site.
- GLBRC082-009 Poplar Stand Counts
- To document the survival rate of the poplar plantation, a periodic census was taken to determine the number of trees that remained alive. All trees were counted. Tree damage was recorded when extensive.
- GLBRC082-012 Plant Population (Stem Counts)
- Annual crop stem counts, also referred to as plant population, are measured by counting the number of plants in a quadrat.
- GLBRC082-013 Plant Population (Stem Counts) at GLBRC Scale-up Experiment
- Corn stem counts, also referred to as plant population, are measured by counting the number of plants in a quadrat.
- GLBRC082-014 Species transect plant heights
- Species composition was surveyed using the line point intercept method.
- GLBRC082-005 3 Cover Crop ANPP
- PROT082 10 Plant Biomass Carbon and Nitrogen Analysis- GLBRC BCSE & Scale-Up Sites