GLBRC091:GLBRC Plant Chemical Analyses
- Status: active
- Temporal Coverage 2012-06-22 to
- GLBRC091-001 Poplar Leaf Tissue Chemical Analyses
- Chemical analyses of poplar (treatment 8) leaf tissue in the fertilized main section of the field and unfertilized microplots. As of August 2013, the main section has been fertilized only once which was in June 2010 using Ammonium nitrate (156 kg N/ha or 140 lbs N/acre). The main goal of study is to determine nutrient efficiency of trees growing under two different regimes; fertilized versus unfertilized.
Chemical analyses include: carbon, nitrogen, aluminum, copper, iron, manganese, zinc, boron, sodium, calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, sulfur. All analyses are carried out by the Michigan State University Soil and Plant Nutrient Laboratory except carbon and nitrogen percent which are analyzed by the KBS LTER lab.
- GLBRC091-003 GLBRC Plant Carbon and Nitrogen Content
- ANPP samples were analyzed for percent carbon and nitrogen for crop and non-crop plants on the GLBRC Intensive site.
- GLBRC091-004 GLBRC Plant Carbon and Nitrogen Content from Harvest samples
- Plant carbon and nitrogen from harvested samples. A grab sample is taken from the harvested plant matter at the time of harvest.
- GLBRC091-005 Switchgrass Leaf Tissue Chemical Analyses
- Chemical analyses of switchgrass (treatment G5) leaf tissue collected from plants in the fertilized main plots of the GLBRC Marginal Land Experiment (MLE) and the Biofuel Cropping Systems Experiment (BCSE).