GLBRC094:Marginal Land Experiment
Data for the Michigan and Wisconsin GLBRC Marginal Land Experiment.
- Status: active
- Temporal Coverage 2012-01-01 to 2021-01-20
- GLBRC094-002 Dry Matter Yield - Marginal Land Experiments
- Agronomic yield from the Marginal Land Experiments in Michigan and Wisconsin. Yield data is given for 6 treatments (switchgrass, miscanthus, native grasses, early succession, restored prairie and historical vegetation) on the 6 Marginal Land Experiment sites. Yield data are given as dry matter. G11 is harvested at 3 stations and the averages are presented here. Raw data is available on request. In 2019 G11 harvests were combined by plot.
- GLBRC094-003 Agronomic Soil Chemistry from Deep and Surface Soil Cores- Marginal Sites
- Deep core soil samples and surface samples are taken occasionally for fertilizer recommendations and analyzed for pH, lime index, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, cation exchange capacity and, in the Wisconsin samples, organic matter. KBS samples are analyzed by the Michigan State University Soil and Plant Nutrient Laboratory and University of Wisconsin Soils Laboratory .
- GLBRC094-004 Agronomic Log - GLBRC Marginal Sites
- Records of agronomic activities carried out on the GLBRC Marginal Land sites in Michigan and Wisconsin.
- GLBRC094-005 GLBRC Soil Carbon and Nitrogen
- Total carbon and nitrogen data from deep core samples (1 meter deep core split in 4 depths).
- GLBRC094-006 Switchgrass Varieties Planted on the GLBRC Marginal Land Experiment
- Switchgrass varieties planted on the GLBRC Marginal Land Experiment by treatment. Panicum virgatum var. Cave-in-Rock is a non-native variety and Panicum virgatum var. Southlow is a native variety. Switchgrass varieties planted on all GLBRC experiments can be found at: data.sustainability.glbrc.org/datatables/493
- GLBRC094-009 Bulk Density on the Marginal Sites
- Bulk density calculated from deep core samples
- GLBRC094-011 MLE soil moisture profiles
- Profiles of soil moisture in MLE sites
- GLBRC094-013 Switchgrass Dry Matter Yield - Marginal Land Experiments
- Agronomic yield from G5 switchgrass treatment in the Marginal Land Experiments in Michigan and Wisconsin. Yield data is given for three microplots (ambient, irrigated and rainout). Yield data are given as dry matter.
- GLBRC094-014 stand counts of perennial crops at MLE sites
- stand count data of perennial crops at GLBRC MLE sites
- GLBRC094-001 Marginal Land Sampling