GLBRC085:Greenhouse Gas Fluxes—GLBRC Biofuel Cropping System Experiment
This dataset contains greenhouse gas (GHG) fluxes of nitrous oxide (N2O), carbon dioxide (CO2) and methane (CH4) from soils of the GLBRC Biofuel Cropping System Experiment (BCSE) and includes flux data for all treatments (G1-G10) at both KBS and Arlington sites. GHG fluxes are measured at approximate two-week intervals during the growing season using static chambers. Soil temperature and moisture at the time of gas sampling are also determined.
- Status: active
- Temporal Coverage 2008-06-05 to 2022-07-14
- GLBRC085-001 Greenhouse Gas Fluxes
- Fluxes of N2O, CO2 and CH4 from soils of all BCSE treatments (G1-G10) measured either by extracting gas samples from static gas flux chambers and analysis by gas chromatography/infrared gas analyzer (gc) or since 2018 by recirculating flow from the flux chamber through an integrated cavity output spectroscopy (icos) unit. Fluxes are corrected to the 3- meter air temperature at 10 am on the day chamber gases were sampled.
- GLBRC085-003 Soil Temperature at Gas Sampling
- Soil temperature measured at 1 inch below the soil surface during sampling of greenhouse gases from static chambers.
- GLBRC085-005 Soil Moisture at Gas Sampling
- Gravimetric soil moisture of surface soil samples (0-25 cm) taken once in each plot during each greenhouse gas sampling campaign.