GLBRC093 :GLBRC Deep Core Soil Surveys
The GLBRC periodically (presently every 5 years) collects and analyzes deep soil cores for the GLBR Intensive Sites and the GLBRC Scale-up sites. Soil is sampled to a depth of one meter, and analyzed at various depths for bulk density, texture, moisture, and carbon and nitrogen content. Soil horizons are also identified.
- Status: active
- Temporal Coverage 2008-01-01 to 2017-12-07
- GLBRC093-002 Soil Chemistry from Deep Cores- GLBRC Intensive Site
- Deep core soil samples analyzed for pH, lime index, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, cation exchange capacity and organic matter. KBS samples are analyzed by the Michigan State University Soil and Plant Nutrient Laboratory and University of Wisconsin Soils Laboratory .
- GLBRC093-003 Total Soil Carbon and Nitrogen - GLBRC Intensive Sites
- Total soil carbon and nitrogen measurements at several depths from deep core samples and other soil cores samples.
- GLBRC093_004 Soil Horizons - Deep Core
- Soil horizons of the GLBRC BCSE (Biofuel Cropping System Experiment) site. Soil core was collected with the deep core sampler.